GF1065 - MANAGER CABIN DEFINITION
Bahrain - Head Quarter
Inflight & Product
To be responsible for the GF Cabin Interior Projects, which cover new Business Class and Economy Class seat product as well as their integration into the cabin environment (including the ceiling architecture, cabin lightings, entrance area, transition from galleys to cabin area and lavatories) for a unique cabin experience. This is completemnted by the definition of other cabin interior elements such as but not limited to (flooring, laminates, curtains..etc)
To be responsible for defining all cabin products relevant to aircraft interior for Gulf Air fleet, and to ensure Gulf Air cabin offering selection is pioneering to satisfy passenger expectations and to match level of competition in the region.
To focus on the “passenger’s experience” of the product. To work closely with his counterparts in Engineering/maintenance who will be responsible for the technical aspects of the product like testing, certification, reliability, maintainability and aircraft interface.
1. Initiate and conduct research to ensure proper industry benchmarking and assess competitiveness of new cabin interior product.
2. Develop product design briefs for each class of product with clear objectives and design intent & direction. Ensure that each product design has Unique Selling Points that takes into account passengers’ profile, feedback on existing product, competitors’ product, inflight services and cabin crew services. The design brief shall be in reference to the benchmarking and market research results.
3. Prepare a detailed Business Case before each product development and design project. The Business Case is built in a dialogue between the design team and the business unit in charge of the project.
4. Liaise with outside vendors on all product design matters for the new Business Class product and ensure the timely and accurate release of design specifications to vendors.
5. Work with Engineering -for the new Business and Economy product- to ensure that the requirements and specifications are clearly and accurately stated in the tender documents
6. Optimize the LOPA by maximizing seat count, using the space in the cabin efficiently and ensuring that all stakeholders’ requirements are taken into consideration.
7. Work with outside vendors on the cabin environment for the whole aircraft including the bulkhead walls, side wall, ceiling architecture, cabin lightings, entrance area, transition from galleys to cabin area and lavatories to ensure that it is well integrated with the new seat product for a unique cabin experience.
8. Produce accurate Tender documents together with Engineering for each cabin interior product.
9. Work with Procurement department to ensure processes/procedures comply with Gulf Air and the BTB's regulatory requirements.
10. Participate in the evaluation process of vendor qualification and selection for each cabin interior product.
11. Communicate clearly our requirements with all vendors for each cabin interior product and ensure that they understand and adhere to them closely and eventually deliver a product that meets our requirements.
12. Maintain a master schedule - at all time - to track the program and ensure that it is updated as each task is completed or delayed and that new activities are synchronized with the rest of the program. Identify potential risks and “show-stoppers” in the program and recommend pre-emptive steps to be taken.
13. Coordinate updates to Management on the progress of the programs.
14. Coordinate and seek Management approvals and sign-offs for the cabin interior product including seat design and functionality, seat features, colors and trim and materials selection.
15. Document clear, concise and detailed Product Specification for each new Cabin Interior Product.
16. Act as the focal point for internal stakeholders (cabin crew and in-flight services). Ensure that their requirements, inputs and feedback are taken into consideration and engage them to validate the product design throughout the program.
17. Facilitate and document meetings to ensure that all stakeholders are kept fully informed about required project details and progress.
18. Explore and identify with user departments opportunities for the cabin experience to be enhanced by leveraging on improvements in inflight services and cabin crew services.
19. Travel to vendors and aircraft manufacturers if and when required to track and monitor the product progress to ensure it is in compliance with the requirements and will be delivered on time.
20. Work closely with vendors and attend the key milestone meetings throughout the Design Development Process. These are Initial Coordination Meeting (ITCM), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR) and First Article Inspection (FAI).
21. Work with Engineering to ensure that the Buyer Furnished Equipment’s' (BFE) delivery schedule is in compliance with Airbus/Boeing Master Time Line.
22. Work with Engineering on quality inspection and acceptance of the product.
23. Undertake any special assignment or project as defined and directed by the Senior Manager Product.
Attend internal and external meeting as directed by the Senior Manager Product.
Minimum 7 years of airline industry experience (or similar parallel or linked industry), with a minimum of 2 years spent in in-flight and/or ground services deparment, or Product dept.
• University Degree or equivalent.
• Engineering background
• Excellent teamwork and inter-personal skills and ability to work with all levels of staff.
• Strong Project Management skills and ability to manage external vendors from different countries.
• Ability to write reports, business cases and requirements documents clearly and accurately.
• Possess the ability to communicate at all levels, inside and outside the Company.
• Possess a confident, mature but energetic and creative personality with strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to provide solutions to complex issues.
• Extremely high dedication towards the job and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty.
• Fluent in English and advanced communication skills, both written and verbal, with emphasis on translating complex concepts between business and technical groups.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively to deadlines, multi-task and manage priorities.
• Be familiar with the specification, design, integration and acceptance of Aircraft interior components.
• Ability to quickly grasp an unfamiliar business domain and vocabulary
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of proof qualification
3. Passport copy