GF1050 - PRODUCT SPECIALIST
Bahrain - Head Quarter
Inflight & Product
Implement and apply all strategic plans been developed by Manager product, conduct market research related to current or new products as instructed by their superiors.
To follow up on all projects that are conducted for the following GF dedicated lounges, check in areas, limo services, retail outlets, 3rd party lounges and meet & assist
To follow up with the Duty Free service provider on their daily operation, implementing the approved Program, product selection, presenting the right product to the passenger and increase revenue.
To follow up with Publications service provider that all inflight and GF Lounges newspapers and magazines are delivered on time.
To follow up on all tenders related to all inflights products.
Airports & lounges
1. Conduct research to ensure proper industry benchmarking and assess competitiveness of new ground product options.
2. To follow up with the concern departments on any request related to all outstations branding requirements.
3. To help in the evaluation for various ground product options & prepare business case/ evaluations for user departments to implement the recommended service innovations.
4. Follow up on written business cases that ground product such as: meet & Greet, Limo service, improving the Passenger journey at the airport.
5. Ensure that all outstation airport GF check in, meets the branding guidelines and have all communication documents that should be with in the check in area.
6. Conduct feasibility studies on development of new airport lounges and refurbishment of existing lounges.
7. and Write business cases for new or refurbish existing lounges, obtain approvals on floor plans and designs, evaluate proposals with the concern dept
8. To follow up with Cabin Crew Department on issues and problems that might occur during the daily operation, and to overcome any obstacles that might occure during the operation and find solutions to enable the Cabin Crew to do the sales.
9. To help in the evaluation, negotiations and appointment of the Duty Free Supplier are duly carried out.
10. To come up with ideas to increase income possibilities of the Duty Free programme are maximized through managing and maximizing all potential sales channels in conjunction with the selected company charged with producing the Duty Free programme.
11. Review all provided sales reports and ensure that the budgeted revenue figures are achieved.
12. Manage the tender for the new concessioner
Ensure that the evaluation, negotiations and appointment of the Duty
Free Supplier are duly carried out.
Ensure that the income possibilities of the Duty Free programme are
maximized through managing and maximizing all potential sales channels in
conjunction with the selected company charged with producing the Duty Free
Onboard/GF lounges newspapers & magazines
13. To help in the evaluation, negotiations and appointment of the On-board & Lounge Publications Supplier are duly carried out.
14. Ensure that the budgeted offset costs in relation to the cost of onboard publications and free advertising are achieved.
15. Review the invoices and ensure that all newspapers and magazines been delivered.
16. Ensure that all cross leverage opportunities are identified within Marketing and across the rest of the company so that the Onboard Publications programme is seen to be relevant to our consumer and brand and takes in to consideration any sensitivity with regard to press relations, by liasing with Marketing and Public Relations.
17. Ensure that the budgeted offset costs in relation to the cost of onboard publications and free advertising are achieved.
18. Manage and Ensure that the tender to appoint the service provider, evaluation, negotiations and appointment of the On-board Lounge publications are duly carried out.
19. Raise Request for Tenders (RFT) and insure all budget and Product Specifications and all justifications are achieved
20. Make sure the Job brief has been carried to the Marketing Department for the Branding and Artwork.
21. Collect all samples and quotations from Tender Office and insure all quality evaluation are accomplished on time and no delay has accord.
22. Conduct research to ensure proper industry benchmarking and assess competitiveness of new Inflight product options.
23. Ensure that the evaluation, negotiations and awarding suppliers are duly carried out.
24. Ensure that all the pre-production samples are according to the specifications required in the RFT and coordinate with Marketing Department for the Branding.
25. Ensure that all cross leverage opportunities are identified within Marketing and across the rest of the company so that all the Products are seen to be a useful and relevant promotional vehicle whenever relevant.
26. Undertake any special assignment or project as defined and directed by Manager Product.
27. Attend internal and external meeting as directed by Manager Product
28. Continuously review the quality of service provided by the service provider’s vis-à-vis the contract and explore further area for cost reduction.
29. To conduct project work and any other reasonable duties assigned from time to time.
30. To undertake any task/project as directed by Gulf Air management.
Minimum 5 years of airline industry experience (or similar parallel or linked industry, or product related industry).
• Equivalent to University Degree.
• Excellent teamwork and inter-personal skills and ability to work with all levels of staff.
• Strong Project Management skills and ability to manage external vendors from different countries.
• Ability to write reports, business cases and requirements documents clearly and accurately.
• Possess the ability to communicate at all levels, inside and outside the Company.
• Possess a confident, mature but energetic and creative personality with strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to provide solutions to complex issues.
• Extremely high dedication towards the job and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty.
• Fluent in English and advanced communication skills, both written and verbal, with emphasis on translating complex concepts between business and technical groups.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively to deadlines, multi-task and manage priorities.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of proof qualification
3. Passport copy