GF1040 - BASE CATERING OFFICER
Bahrain - Head Quarter
To support Inflight Services operations at Base as well as out station network and ensure that standards are maintained and policies are adhered to at catering centers. To be responsible for operating the Inflight Services AirServ system by entering meal uplifts & catering equipment required accurately, and identifying areas on how to reduce cost, enhancing efficiency and minimizing wastage of catering services.
1. Ensure that all on or off schedule, flights are catered and equipped to GF standards, at Base and for return sectors.
2. Physically check, verify the equipments loading and off loading on aircraft, production materials and prepare uplift for all GF flights.
3. Liaise with Catering Contractor at BAH station to ensure they understand and fulfill their catering service level obligations, and ensure monthly stock returns are provided to ensure company’s interest are maintained.
4. Highlight any visible food specification or standard/ hygiene requirements that are seen as obviously irregular to the Products, Hygiene and Standards department.
5. Responsible for ensuring that all the products provided by catering contractors are prepared, stored and transported onboard the aircrafts are of hygienically accepted standards and conditions. Any deviations noted must be recorded, reported and measure taken to correct the situation with full report forwarded to HQ.
6. Support wider Inflight Services department through liaison with flight attendant, airports, engineering and cleaning departments on shift for regular review of operations that may be required.
7. Liaise with specific outstations for extra or off schedule operations and arrange uplifts accordingly and arrange retrieval of all surplus GF equipments.
8. Submit shift report to Catering Operations Controller highlighting review of target issues, offload analysis report, areas of discussion with other departments and any shortages.
9. Maintain, understand Inflight Services manuals and oversee knowledge of GF product in catering station.
10. Check and take immediate appropriate action on all mail/telex correspondence, monitor DCS/ AirServ system for numerous flights pax figures/ special meals/ catering estimates and respond to all urgent communications.
11. Ensure that all return sector flights catered EX-BAH are telex advised for the actual catering on board.
12. Constantly monitor operational changes in AirServ system / telex relating to delays and cancellation of flights. Network wise caterers need to be advised to revise their catering accordingly, prompt action are required to avoid caterers charging GF for cancelled meal uplift.
13. Check, record and save all final catering figures supplied by caterers into AirServ AMOS system.
14. Establish system to reduce meal wastage to the minimum by liaising closely with GF RESV/ Ground Services/ Catering Contractors and effective utilization of AirServ system.
15. Control actual usage and misuse if any of GF assets, stored material at catering unit by implementing and maintaining proper storage and Bin Cards/ AirServ Inventory for issues and receipts.
16. Physically verify and check Equipment, Bond and Dry stores weekly and monthly stock returns for submission to HO through proper documentation via AirServ system.
17. Arrange and forward relevant Menu/ wine Cards to respective catering stations as per Menu cycle rotations.
18. Due to Cargo constrains, liaise with caterers to cabin load items in small quantity by re-packing equipments in meal carts and forward to out-stations to ensure flights service disruptions. This function is carried out by liaising with BAH Customs for their approval and necessary telex advise sent to concerned stations.
19. Certify catering invoices (Approx. BD300,000/ month) by caterers by physically checking all ordered meal count and other ancillary services provided for GF flight with supporting documents.
20. Perform any other tasks assignments and projects deemed necessary by Bahrain Headquarters.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Catering Industry, preferably 2 years of experience in aircraft catering at supervisory level.
• Exposure to all departmental structure within Inflight Services design development and delivery.
• Knowledge of airline operating procedures and cabin service techniques is highly desired.
• Fluent in English Language and knowledge of Arabic and French is desirable.
• Equivalent of HND level.
• Should be fluent in oral and written English and adept at figure work.
• Should have basic computer knowledge, preferable Microsoft Office.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
3. Passport copy