1. Produce regular amendments to Ground Operations Manuals (GOM), Ground Services Manual (GSM) and Cargo Services Manual (CSM) and any other manual/documentation relevant to Ground Ops, in liaison with MRC and SMGO.
2. Ensure that the content reflects the current service standards and that technically correct terminology is used.
3. Ensure that timely revisions to the above manuals are produced and published in accordance with the Publication Schedule produced by MRC.
4. In liaison with MRC, correspond with BCAA on Ground Ops related issues and ensure applicable Ground Ops documents are submitted for BCAA approval/acceptance.
5. Disseminate/publish regular updates of all manuals and documentation for ground operations/airport GHAs through internal and external Ground Ops SP Libraries; which are accessible by relevant departments, stations and sections within & outsides the organization.
6. Maintain updates to the Repository Directories for Ground Ops Libraries on SharePoint (internal & external).
7. Maintain all relevant updated publications and manuals related to airport operations.
8. Keep current with all procedures concerning relevant departments within the Company.
9. Ensure that all the policies and procedures are in line and comply with various regulatory and other standards such as IATA, ANTR OPS, consumer rights, and safety regulations.
10. Communicate with TIMATIC (IATA) when changes to travel rules and regulations occur as necessary.
11. Assist MRC, QA and SMGO with documentation for internal and external audits.
12. In coordination with the Ops Compliance Team, maintain an updated BCAA SharePoint Library and ensure the Regulatory Authority have relevant access.
13. Maintain updates to the BCAA Inspection Log ensuring all BCAA inspections (cabin, Enroute, Sim & Base) are arranged for in accordance with Ops Compliance procedures.
14. Maintain updates to the BCAA Audit Finding Log ensuring all open findings are logged, communicated to the applicable departments for root cause analysis, corrective action and preventative action, and ensure open findings are responded to prior to the deadline date.
15. Maintain an updated ANTR OPS 1 Compliance Matrix related to Ground Ops for regulatory and audit purposes.
16. Develop, maintain and recommend Ground Services work policies and procedures which support the Company’s objectives and business plan in line with various regulatory requirements.
17. Under the direction of MRC and Ground Ops Mgmt., draft and publish notices and OM Bulletins to applicable ground ops personnel as required.
18. In liaison with MRC and Ground Ops Mgmt., discuss regulatory changes and implementation issues related to the Ground Services Manual and, OM Bulletins/Attention notices.
19. In coordination with MRC and SMGO, review and track all published Ground Ops notices; all changes to procedure and/or policy as directed by Ground Ops Department to ensure they are incorporated into the appropriate manual or discontinued as required.
20. Review and evaluate existing operational and service processes and procedures and suggest modifications or introduce new policies and procedures to ensure efficient and cost-effective processes.
21. In liaison with MRC, ensure changes in consumer rights regulations or safety regulations across the network are correctly reflected in policies and procedures by continuously analyzing the requirements.
22. Ensure that the policies and procedures are correctly translated into Arabic or other local language when required.
23. Under the direction of MRC and Ground Ops Mgmt., liaise with eMarketing to maintain and update the Company Corporate website (Gulfair.com) for all information pertaining to Ground Services.
24. Create RFTs (Request for Tender) and RFPs (Request for Purchase) for airline identification materials which includes boarding cards, baggage tags and labels; Carry out evaluations for these items; approve the pre-publication samples; represent Ground Operations in the ITC (Internal Tender Committee) when new companies are selected as material providers.
25. Coordinate with Creative Marketing on the design for new labels, tags and airline resource items to IATA specifications.
26. Ensure sufficient stock of these items is available for station use by re-ordering when stocks are depleting.
27. Coordinate with Security Department to obtain the correct approvals for shipping these items to the stations.
28. Assist Ground Ops Mgmt. with ensuring new stations are provided with sufficient resources and manuals for their start up.
29. Ensure that Gulf Air branding at stations is to the company’s standards and in a satisfactory condition. Coordinate between stations and Creative Marketing to maintain this.
30. Assist MRC, OMDS and CCMDS in matters related to operations documentation.
31. Develop and propose new initiatives and approaches to troubleshoot and improve efficiency of current policies and procedures.
32. Participate in Ground Operations related projects and act as an SME for, but not limited to, Departure Control Systems